Thursday, July 13, 2017

Introduction

Hello, everyone!  Welcome to my blog!

I began teaching in the fall of 2008 as a first grade teacher.  The following year, I moved up to fifth grade.  In 2011, fifth grade was split up into teams, and I became the ELA teacher for the Mohawk Team.  The other teachers on our team are Mrs. Knisley (math) and Mrs. Bailey (social studies and science).

I love to read, although most of the books I read right now are children's books, since I have two very young children.  Some of my favorite young adult books are The Giver by Lois Lowry and Incarceron by Catherine Fisher.  I really like dystopian literature and books that have plot twists.

I also love music and musical theatre.  I play a variety of instruments and am classically trained in voice.  You may hear me singing to myself in my room or the hallway.

I hope you find my blog updates to be helpful this year.  I welcome any suggestions you might have on things I can add, things I can improve, etc.

I am looking forward to a GREAT year working with YOU, my fabulous fifth grade students and families!

No comments:

Post a Comment